Oulu August Festival presents
Oulu August Festival presents every second year the gifted artists of Oulu region. The programme is seen again in 2020. The artists will be chosen via an open application process.
Oulu August Festival is looking for performance art for August 2020. Oulu August Festival presents – series promotes, alongside with the festival program, the skills of artists and art organisations from Oulu and the north. The call out is open until the 8th of December. The performances will be selected on the 18th of December.
Oulu August Festival event series takes place for the sixth time and it is included in the festival program every other year. The series has previously included tight rope walking, air acrobatics, media art, theatre, opera, immersive multidisciplinary works, city adventures and street theatre, amongst other things.
The selection criteria for Oulu August Festival presents series in 2020:
- The applicant is an Oulu, northern area or north based professional artist or group.
- The production will take place during the Oulu August Festival between 30th of July and 30th of August 2020 in Oulu or nearby region.
- Artist and groups from all art forms can apply.
- The areas evaluated in the applications are artistic quality, allure, topicality, freshness and northnerness.
- The series will be gathered from pieces which complement each other.
- The program can consist of one-off or an on-going (an exhibition, for example) shows.
- A new piece: The piece premieres at the Oulu August Festival. The piece can be performed elsewhere afterwards.
- The piece has financing of its own and it is feasible. (A letter of intent can be written for the production if the production of the piece depends on other funding which will be secured later on.)
Oulu August Festival will select 1-2 pieces for the series. The production responsibility lies fully on the artist/group, Oulu August Festival supports the production through joint marketing and as outsourced service financially with either 5000 euros for one production or 2500 euros for two productions. If tickets are sold for the performance, ticket sales can be handled through Oulu August Festival and the ticket proceeds will be directed to the artist/group. Other support (communication, schedules, contacts) will be agreed upon with each production.
The applications are submitted with a webform. A work plan and budget of the production should also be attached. The application form is open until 23.59 on the 8th of December.
The productions will be selected by the Oulu Cultural Events Association board at a meeting on the 18th of December. The applicants will be directly contacted about the results.
Additional information: Executive director Pia Alatorvinen pia(at)oulunjuhlaviikot.fi, p. 044 7232 676.